Gas Tank #1 and the Driver's Window

I got the old Scout adjusted and shifting properly and got it sold.  The orange 64 Scout 80 has passed on to the great beyond.

The leaky brake line that I mentioned last time was easier than expected.  I got a new 6ft line premade with fittings and flares and bent it here and there to fit, me under the truck test fitting and a friend doing the bending.  After plenty of bend and test, bend and test it matched up to the original mounting points.  Then lots of brake bleeding and Voila! good as new.

We took the seat out and scraped the floor to get an idea what to do about seats.  We decided to put the seat back in and deal with it another day.


I think I've mentioned before that this truck has three (count 'em THREE) gas tanks.  The one that I've been using has a small leak and I thought the other two had leaks as well.  I filled one tank a little at a time and found that it didn't leak, so the third tank came out and yesterday I dropped it off at the local tank and radiator shop for refurbishment. 
The drivers side window regulator was broke and bent and I've been using a strap fastened to the bottom of the window glass to raise and lower it.  We got the regulator out and vacuumed out the dirt inside the door (there's lots of Idaho dirt everywhere in this truck).  We bent and hammered and sifted thru the dirt from the vacuum and found all the missing parts and got it put back together.  The window works now. 

I went for a drive when the local farmers were bringing in the winter wheat and pulled off for a picture last week.

Comments