A Bumper

This bumper, I don't know who made it.  It was on another Scout that I owned in the past.  It appears to be made of 1/8" cold rolled steel.  I know it's sturdy because we had to use a sledge hammer to install it and get the bolt holes lined up.  It's relatively light, maybe 100 lbs.  


This is the rear differential.  The markings on the ring gear indicate 4.88 gearing and manufacture date in 1976.  The truck was built in late 67 so at some time in it's life it's been broke and fixed.  Looks very clean.


The windshield washer bottle was missing and the pump was about to die.  This is a plastic peanut butter jar.  I bought a generic pump and it all works great.

I got a new windshield but there's no good way to show a pic of that.

While messing around under the rear I found a small leak in a rear brake line.

Last tank of gas I got 16mpg and my average for the last 50 gallons of gas is 13mpg.

I have two fuseboxes, one for switched and one for unswitched power.  It's time to start work on some of the electrical work.  I have a CB and a 2M ham radio and associated antennas, a 4-port USB power center and various lights inside and out.

Comments